Who should complete first-aid training?
It is basically recommended for everyone!
A first aider is the first person who can help an injured or ill person.
Accidents and illnesses are part of everyday life. It is important for everyone to know how best to help in certain situations and what to do in the event of a (traffic) accident or stroke, for example, or how to act in the event of a respiratory or circulatory arrest.
Everyone is a potential first aider and is obliged to provide first aid, especially road users!
Since this assistance can affect everyone, no specific target group can be determined. Attending first aid training and learning first aid measures is recommended for:
Everyone!This first-aid training is compulsory for, e.g.:
Exposed groups of people and professions.
Those in med. care and attendance (geriatric nurses, nurse's aids, nursing/care assistants).
Those in medicine/treatment, dentist and doctor's practices, treatment practices (e.g. physiotherapy)
Craftsmen, construction, industry and transport.
Those in offices, administration and facilities.
And many others...
Company first aiders/first aiders in the company (basic FA training and advanced first aid training every 2 years).
Learner drivers for a lorry licence/driving licence applicants: C1, C1E, C, CE and bus D1, D1E, D, DE.
Learner drivers for a car licence/driving licence applicants: B, B96, BE, L, T. (formerly LSM – immediate life-saving measures at the site of the accident)
Learner drivers for a motorcycle licence/driving licence applicants: A1, A2, A, AM. (formerly LSM)
Admission to the preliminary medical examination.
Admission to examinations in various professions, e.g:
medical technical assistants, or
medical assistants or physician's assistants.
Acquisition of a licence to transport passengers.
Acquisition of the private pilot licence (PPL) – private pilot licence/gliding licence.
Acquisition of the youth leader card (JuLeiCa), employee in youth work/youth leaders.
And many others...
Information for learner drivers:
The first aid course is compulsory and a prerequisite for applying for a driving licence.
Absorption of costs by the driving school/company:
Simply ask your driving school or your company whether the costs for the first aid course will be covered. Please only use our first aid cost coverage form for this purpose!
Information for employers (training company first aiders):
According to § 10 ArbSchG (Occupational Health and Safety Act), measures must be taken by the employer, including those necessary for employee first aid. This includes training encompassing 9 teaching units for first aid staff and the appointment of trained company first aiders (information on the minimum number of first aiders in the company). Further regulations are contained in the UVV (Accident Prevention Regulations), and the BGV (Employers' Liability Association Regulations on Health and Safety in the Workplace) A1 § 2 and § 24.
Training costs for company first aiders can be borne by your accident insurance company!
First aid training from the ANB (Academy of Emergency Management and Fire Protection)Learn how to act and help in emergency situations and prepare yourself for emergencies in your private and professional environment.
We provide future first aiders in this first aid course with well-founded knowledge, including:
Legal provisions on providing assistanceIn addition, other life-threatening conditions, diseases and injuries such as:
The bedrock of the first aider: the rescue chain
The right way to behave at the scene of an accident
How to recognise life-threatening respiratory and circulatory disorders and arrest, and measures to take (resuscitation)
Unconsciousness, states of shockThe theoretically acquired knowledge is trained and consolidated in practical exercises in order to master important measures and to be able to act quickly and correctly in an emergency.
Stroke, heart attack and seizures
Amputation and foreign body injuries, severe haemorrhages
Heat and cold damage (burns/scalds, hypothermia/frostbite)
Fractures (broken bones), joint injuries, chest and abdominal injuries
Insect bites (anaphylaxis), obstruction of the respiratory tract/choking
Electrical accidents and poisoning
In order to refresh and keep up to date with the first aid knowledge and techniques acquired, we recommend completing further first aid training every 2 years.
The employers' liability insurance associations and accident insurers prescribe first aid training every two years for company first aiders.
Prices per person
• Course: from 48,- €
Optional extra, available at our course locations without booking:
driver's license eye test: 2,- € (incl. MwSt.)
Biometric passport photos: 3,- € (incl. MwSt.)
Payment/coverage of costs• Cash payment on site, on the day of the event.
• Costs borne by the accident insurance provider (employers' liability insurance association/accident insurer) or voucher from Unfallkasse Berlin (Berlin Accident Insurers)
Duration1 day course (9 units of 45 minutes each)
QualificationFirst aider/company first aider
Notes• Bring valid identification document and, if applicable, vision aids.
• A prerequisite for participation in all of our courses is proof of:
- a complete vaccination against SARS-CoV-2, older than 14 days.
- a recovery status (proof of recovery: positive PCR test result for infection with the coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 must be at least 28 days and no more than three months ago!)
- a negative SARS-CoV-2 antigen rapid test (not older than 24 hours) or a PCR test (not older than 48 hours).
- Alternatively, you can bring your own SARS-CoV-2 antigen self-test with you and carry it out on site under supervision. In this case, please come to your course 20 minutes earlier.
• Please bring a medical face mask or an FFP2 mask with you, as a mask is required in closed rooms!
• All-inclusive package discount price: with voucher or driving school flyer (stamped by the DS), the all-inclusive package or only the FA course at shown discount price (does only apply if discounted price is stated)!
• Optional: eye test and passport photos available at an affordable price at our course location (not in Lichtenberg), without booking!
▲ Together against Corona:Keep your distance + wear FFP2 mask + hygiene when coughing & sneezing + hand washing
• Please note that the protection and hygiene rules in accordance with the SARS-CoV-2 Infection Protection Ordinance (https://www.berlin.de/corona/massnahmen/verordnung/) must be strictly adhered to!
• The following applies to all participants and visitors of the ANB in the premises of the ANB, the adjoining hallways and stairwells, the elevators and sanitary facilities as well as in front of the entrances and exits of the building:
⚠ In closed rooms there is always an FFP2 mask requirement, the distance regulation of at least 1.5 meters to other people must not be undercut (e.g. during breaks) to reduce the risk of infection for yourself and others!
▲ Please also note our current and supplementary information; we will inform you about short-term changes on this page: https://www.anb-berlin.de/artikel/_1015